Lecture Time and Place
Tuesday, Thursday at 11:00am to 12:15pm at MCH 0202.
Office Hours: Tuesday, 12:15pm-1:15pm
Email: TBA At compgeom.com
Meeting hours: Love 267, 2:00pm to 3:00pm, Friday.
This is a intermediate level course in Python. You will be expected to know the material taught in Data Structures. You can find more about the course in the Course Information Handout.
The objective of this course is to encourage you to learn how to :
- how to use develop and debug python
- map problems to pythonic solutions
- read and understand python code
- develop oop/design pattern skills with python
- develop cross-platform gui applications
- develop graphics applications with python
- develop internet applications with python
- design and implement new algorithms in python
- collaborate and work together with other people to implement bigger projects.
Class Mailing List
Announcements for the course, homeworks, reading assignments will be available using email
and the course web page. Make sure you check both the course web site and your email at least once in two days
throughout the semester. The email address we will use is the one that you have on your blackboard account.
- Intelligent News
- Image matching on LIDAR Data
- Port Forwarding using ZeroMQ
- Comments Server
- Meta data processing for Libraries and their visualization
- A Phonegap project for IOS/Android
- Research Calibre design
- A Web Email system
- A Python Plugin System for a web application
- Cross-Platform Python process environment for startup/shutdown of system components